Wednesday 17 January 2007

I heart etsy


I've been spending waay too much time on Etsy.com lately, it's just so beautiful. I've set up my own shop but there won't be anything available for quite some time while I finish my degree, damn those priorities. I would however like to show the world how wonderful it is, and that supporting the artists and designers on there is really important, so I've made a note of buying handmade gifts for people this year instead of being a corporate whore and buying consumerist tat. One of a kind is where it's at. Anyway, I just had to share this lovely book which you can find here it's inspired me to return to bookmaking which I've been doing non stop last weekend. I've also returned to my book making course at my local library and will have something to show for it very very soon.

My final show is stressing me out a bit though, too much to do, too little time and missing tutors and mispaced pritt stick has got be all in a bother. So I decided to spend a fortune on Amazon instead so that I could buy some books on paper engineering and it's given me so much inspiration. I decided that what I really wanted to do was revisit an old project I did on lace making techniques and paper sculptures, it sounds very strange doesn't it? I tell you though, I'm having so much fun with it. The only thing I'm feeling rather guilty over is tearing, dismantling and generally destroying a couple of books I bought at the local charity shop. If anyone on my book course found out, I'm sure ther'd be a few gasps.

No comments: