Thursday 14 June 2007

Now what do I do?


I still don't know how this blogger thing works, or how to set my photos right, maybe one of my first post degree things is to learn?

Anyway, the night was a huuuge success, we had over 2000 people come through our doors, when we were only expecting (and catered for) 300, so I got my free glass of wine and two bruchettas and it was lovely to finally relax, though there were some rauchous kids running about the place treating my books like a playground and I had to tell them that they were not toys, and that they would actually fall down if they were swung on, but a part of me wanted to make a book themed playground that could be swung on, only my fishing wire wasn't strong enough, perhaps I have finally found a possible commercial niche.

I received my results the other day, a very satisfying, slightly ecstatic 2:1, well done me, I like to call myself nearly brilliant now.

I've also been in limbo all week, waiting to dismantle the show has meant that I can't go and get my obligatory summer temping underway, and my recent breakup with my boyfriend has made the end of my degree the end of an era.

However the future is bright isn't it? I am particularly excited about getting down to some serious bookbinding, poetry writing and general creativity rushes, and I am preparing to give my first gallery workshop in a few months time, which is scary and really brilliant all at the same time. I think this will turn out to be a smashing year.

2 comments:

NO said...

Yay, Yvette! You're brilliant all right, I'm so happy for you! And I'm very proud of your bright shiny independent attitude. You'll conquer the world! <3

goodwolve said...

These are really remarkable. Just wonderful. I had fun looking at your site.

(I can't get Blogger to do what I want it to do either!)

Jacqueline